The Spine Center
Diagnosis and coordination of care for spine conditions can be challenging for patients and their primary care providers. At the Spine Center, we streamline this process, with an experienced multidisciplinary team to diagnose spine disorders and develop individual treatment plans.
A nurse navigator works with providers and patients to coordinate treatment from referral through recovery. From the first visit, we collaborate with each patient to decide on the best treatment option. Often, this is not surgery. See below for examples of the range of treatments available.
Our expert team provides the latest in non-surgical interventions. We also offer robotic-assisted, minimally invasive spine surgery, including the first-in-Massachusetts ExcelsiusGPSTM robotic-assisted navigation system for spinal surgery. In addition, our spinal surgery program has become the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn The Joint Commission’s “Gold Seal” certification for spinal surgery.
Learn more from Dr. Charles Kanaly, chief of the Division of Neurosurgery in the Department of Surgery and medical director of The Spine Center of Saint Anne's Hospital.
- Back and neck pain
- Arthritis of the spine
- Failed back syndrome
- Nerve entrapment
- Nerve injury
- Vertebral compression fracture
- Disc herniation
- Fractured spine
- Spinal tumors
- Spinal stenosis
- Functional capacity evaluation
- Physical conditioning and rehabilitative programs
- Behavioral medicine components, including relaxation training, stress management and pain reduction training
- Psychological interventions for depression and anxiety and pain-coping responses
- Medication management
- Spinal injection
- Diagnostic discography
- Percutaneous discectomy
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Surgical decompression and discectomy
- Spinal fusion and instrumentation
- "ExcelsiusGPS" robotic navigation system for minimally invasive surgery