What Should I Know About Saint Anne's Hospital?
- Community Health & Outreach
- Senior Leadership Team
- Newsroom & Media
- Careers / For Professionals
- Satellite Locations
Founded by the Dominican Sisters of the Presentation in 1906, Saint Anne’s Hospital in Fall River, Massachusetts, is a full-service, acute care Catholic hospital with 211 beds and satellites in Attleboro, Swansea, Dartmouth, New Bedford, and Stoughton, Massachusetts. The hospital provides nationally recognized patient- and family-centered inpatient and outpatient clinical services to patients from surrounding Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities.
In addition to comprehensive diagnostic, medical, surgical, and emergency services, specialty services include our Joint Commission-certified Center for Orthopedic Excellence; Saint Anne’s Hospital Regional Cancer Center in Fall River and Dartmouth; the Center for Pain Management; multi-disciplinary Spine Center; and inpatient geriatric psychiatry services.
Recent awards and achievements
- The Leapfrog Group: Straight A’s Hospital Safety Grade 2012-2022: one of just 22 U.S. hospitals to earn 21 Straight A's since the award's inception in 2012
- The Leapfrog Group: "Top Hospital" award 2021: one of just 46 general U.S. hospitals to earn this award
- Healthgrades Patient Experience Award and Patient Safety Excellence Award 2016-2022: the ONLY New England hospital to earn both awards for 6 consecutive years
- Women's Choice Award as one of the top 10% of America's Best Hospitals for Bariatric Surgery - 2022
- Women's Choice Award: America’s Best Hospitals for Cancer Care - 2016-2020
- Women's Choice Award: America’s Best Hospitals for Orthopedics - 2017-2019
- Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement (since 2011)
- The Joint Commission: Advanced Certification for Knee and Hip Replacement
- The Joint Commission: Certification for Spine Surgery
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons: Three-year accreditation with commendation, Saint Anne’s Hospital Regional Cancer Center – 2019-2022
- Bariatric Surgery Program: Accreditation as a comprehensive center under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program, a joint program of the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery – 2019
Saint Anne’s provides the area’s largest medical staff, with more than 750 physicians and advanced practitioners. Our medical staff includes more than 150 primary care providers and more than 50 specialties.
Get the Facts
To learn more about Saint Anne's Hospital, download our 2022 fact sheet.