Founded by the Dominican Sisters of the Presentation in 1906, Saint Anne’s Hospital in Fall River, Massachusetts, is a full-service, acute care Catholic hospital with 185 beds and satellites in Attleboro, Swansea, Dartmouth, New Bedford, and Stoughton, Massachusetts. The hospital provides nationally recognized patient and family centered exceptional inpatient and outpatient clinical services to patients from surrounding Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities.
In addition to comprehensive diagnostic, medical, surgical, and emergency services, specialty services include our Joint Commission-certified Center for Orthopedic Excellence; Saint Anne’s Hospital Regional Cancer Center in Fall River and Dartmouth; the Center for Pain Management in Swansea; and inpatient geriatric psychiatry services at centers in Fall River and Stoughton.
Recent awards and achievements
- The Leapfrog Group: Straight A’s Hospital Safety Grade 2012-2017
- Women's Choice Award: America’s Best Hospitals for Cancer Care – 2016 & 2017
- Women's Choice Award: America’s Best Hospitals for Orthopedics – 2017
- Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Healthgrades 2017 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™
- Blue Distinction Center+ for Knee and Hip Replacement
- The Joint Commission: Advanced Certification for Knee and Hip Replacement
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: Endoscopy Center of Excellence
- “Get with the Guidelines-Stroke” Gold Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association – 2016 and 2017
- The Hurst Gold Standard of Nursing Award (2017)
- “Best Hospital” – First place, 2017 Official People’s Choice Awards program, sponsored by the SouthCoast Media Group
Saint Anne’s provides the area’s largest medical staff, with more than 750 physicians and advanced practitioners. Our medical staff includes more than 150 primary care providers and more than 50 specialties.
Since 2011, more than $115 million has been invested in new facilities and equipment for patient comfort and convenience, including:
- State-of-the-art inpatient wing with 50 private patient rooms with sleeper sofas for family/partner in care
- Conversion to private patient rooms throughout the hospital
- New expanded Emergency Room and Surgical Center
- Saint Anne's Hospital Regional Cancer Center in Dartmouth, Massachusetts