Founded by the Dominican Sisters of the Presentation in 1906, Saint Anne’s Hospital in Fall River, Massachusetts, is a full-service, acute care Catholic hospital with 185 beds and satellites in Attleboro, Swansea, Dartmouth, New Bedford, and Stoughton, Massachusetts. The hospital provides nationally recognized patient and family centered exceptional inpatient and outpatient clinical services to patients from surrounding Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities.
In addition to comprehensive diagnostic, medical, surgical, and emergency services, specialty services include our Joint Commission-certified Center for Orthopedic Excellence; Saint Anne’s Hospital Regional Cancer Center in Fall River and Dartmouth; the Center for Pain Management in Swansea; and inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient geriatric psychiatry services at centers in Fall River and Stoughton.
Recent awards and achievements
- “Straight A’s” for patient safety by The Leapfrog Group since 2012
- Designation as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement by Blue Cross Blue Shield since 2011 (including Blue Distinction Center+ designation in 2015)
- Four-star "Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating" by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (2016)
- Advanced certification by The Joint Commission’s for knee and hip replacement (2016)
Cleverley + Associates, a national health care financial firm, awarded Saint Anne’s Hospital a Community Value Five-Star Award for receiving one of the highest scores in our size or geographic group. The Community Value Index was created by Cleverley + Associates to measure the value that a hospital provides to its community. (2016)
- The first hospital in Massachusetts to offer innovative MAKOplasty® for partial knee resurfacing and total hip replacement
- “Get With The Guidelines® -Stroke Gold Achievement Award Hospital” by the American Heart Association (2016)
Saint Anne’s Hospital Endoscopy Center of Excellence, recognized by The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2016)
- Accreditation in radiation oncology by the American College of Radiology
Saint Anne’s provides the area’s largest medical staff, with more than 750 physicians and advanced practitioners. Our medical staff includes more than 150 primary care providers and more than 50 specialties.
Since 2011, more than $115 million has been invested in new facilities and equipment for patient comfort and convenience, including:
- State-of-the-art new inpatient wing with 50 private patient rooms with sleeper sofas for family/partner in care
- Conversion to private patient rooms throughout the hospital
- New expanded Emergency Room and Surgical Center
- Saint Anne's Hospital Regional Cancer Center in Dartmouth, Massachusetts