Founded by the Dominican Sisters of the Presentation in 1906, Saint Anne’s Hospital in Fall River, Massachusetts, is a full-service, acute care Catholic hospital with 185 beds and satellites in Attleboro, Swansea, Dartmouth, New Bedford, and Stoughton, Massachusetts. The hospital provides nationally recognized patient and family centered exceptional inpatient and outpatient clinical services to patients from surrounding Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities.
In addition to comprehensive diagnostic, medical, surgical, and emergency services, key services include our Joint Commission-certified Center for Orthopedic Excellence, with locations in Fall River, Dartmouth and Attleboro; Saint Anne’s Hospital Regional Cancer Center in Fall River and Dartmouth; the Center for Pain Management in Swansea; and inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient geriatric psychiatry services at centers in Fall River and Stoughton.
Recent awards and achievements
- Five-star ratings by Healthgrades for two consecutive years for treatment of patients with heart attack, heart failure and respiratory failure
- Named a “Straight A’s” hospital for patient safety by Hospital Safety Score since 2012
- Designation as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement by Blue Cross Blue Shield since 2011 (including Blue Distinction Center+ designation in 2015)
- First hospital in Bristol County to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for knee and hip replacement
- The first hospital in Massachusetts to offer innovative MAKOplasty® for partial knee resurfacing and total hip replacement
- Designation as a Primary Stroke Center, with recognition as a “Get With The Guidelines® -Stroke Gold Achievement Award Hospital” by the American Heart Association
Saint Anne’s Hospital Endoscopy Center of Excellence, recognized by The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Accreditation in radiation oncology by the American College of Radiology
Saint Anne’s provides the area’s largest medical staff, with more than 750 physicians and advanced practitioners. Our medical staff includes more than 150 primary care providers and more than 50 specialties.
Since 2011, more than $115 million has been invested in new facilities and equipment for patient comfort and convenience, including:
- State-of-the-art new inpatient wing with 50 private patient rooms with sleeper sofas for family/partner in care
- Conversion to private patient rooms throughout the hospital
- New expanded Emergency Room and Surgical Center
- Saint Anne's Hospital Regional Cancer Center in Dartmouth, Massachusetts