Patient privacy is a priority at Saint Anne’s Hospital.
Release of Protected Health Information (PHI) requires patient authorization and must be signed by the patient, or the patient's legal representative (guardian or person with durable power of attorney). If a child is an emancipated minor or age eighteen years or older, parents cannot get copies of their child’s medical record.
Requesting a copy of your Medical Records
- Per Massachusetts state law, patients must submit in writing a request for the release of their medical record
- Please allow up to 30 days for a response
- Please note that medical record information can only be faxed in very few cases.
- You may download an authorization form to release your medical records. Forms are available in English, Portuguese, Spanish, and Haitian Creole. (forms updated 3/20/23)
Requests must be made in writing using the form above and mailed to:
Saint Anne's Hospital
Medical Records Department/Correspondence
795 Middle Street
Fall River, MA 02721
You may also fax your request to 508-235-5071.
Please note: If you are requesting copies for purposes of continued care, please state this in your request. If you have a medical emergency, please contact the appropriate correspondence area at 508-235-5070.
Unfortunately, Medical Records does not provide radiology films or copies of hospital bills. Such requests should be directed to the appropriate department/site:
- For radiology films, call 508-674-5600, ext. 2300.
- For copies of hospital bills, call the Steward Health Care Business Office at 1-877-228-3873.
- Copies of birth certificates or death certificates are not available from the hospital. To obtain these, contact the City Clerk's Office at the Fall River Government Center at 508-324-2220, or the Massachusetts Registry of Vital Records and Statistics at 617-740-2600.