Gastroenterology at Saint Anne's Hospital
Our board-certified gastroenterologists and team of registered nurses and endoscopy specialists use the latest techniques to perform more than 10,000 procedures annually at our three convenient locations to screen, identify, and treat GI conditions. Common procedures include colonoscopies and gastroscopies.
Some of our specialty procedures include:
- Fecal transplantation for treatment of C. difficile infection
- Endoscopic ultrasound procedures to: identify lesions; insert stents into to relieve obstructions in biliary tract, colon or esophagus; or retrieve gallstones
- Dilation of the esophagus to relieve swallowing disorders
- Insertion of flexible feeding tubes (PEG tubes)
- ERCP, used to study the bile ducts, pancreatic duct and gallbladder
- Argon plasma coagulation for treatment of bleeding of the digestive tract
- Botox injection for contractions in the esophagus
Gastroenterology services are available at Saint Anne’s Hospital and our ambulatory surgery centers in Dartmouth and Attleboro.