Be skin-smart this summer with Saint Anne’s Hospital’s free skin cancer screenings
Fall River, MA – With summer upon us, it's time to schedule a free skin cancer screening as part of your summer routine.
The 25th annual free screening with a board-certified dermatologist will be held on Thursday, July 27, 5-7 p.m., at Saint Anne's Hospital Regional Cancer Center, corner of Osborn and Forest streets, Fall River.
Understanding skin cancer
The most common malignant skin tumors are:
- basal cell cancer, which usually develop on the face and ears
- squamous cell cancer, which most commonly appear on sun-exposed areas of the body, such as face, ear, neck, lip, and hand
- melanoma, less common but more dangerous than basal or squamous cell
The good news is: Skin cancer can be found and treated early.
For more than two decades, skin cancer screenings held at Saint Anne’s have revealed numerous cases of various skin cancers. However, in the majority of cases, skin cancers are curable if found in the early stages.
Saint Anne’s Hospital’s skin screenings for specific areas of concern are free, but appointments are required. Make an appointment for a free skin screening if you notice:
- any changes in the skin, especially the size or color of a mole or other darkly pigmented growth or spot, or a new growth
- scaliness, oozing, bleeding, or change in the appearance of a bump or nodule
- the spread of pigmentation beyond its border, such as dark coloring that spreads past the edge of a mole or mark
- a change in sensation, itchiness, tenderness, or pain
Make an appointment!
To schedule an appointment, or learn more about the screenings, call Saint Anne’s Hospital Cancer Registry, Monday-Friday, 508-674-5600, ext. 2235 or ext. 2239.
Free, convenient parking is available in the Medical Office Building parking lot, directly across from the cancer center at the corner of Osborn and Forest streets. Please enter from Osborn Street.
About Saint Anne’s Hospital
Founded by the Dominican Sisters of the Presentation in 1906, Saint Anne’s Hospital in Fall River, Massachusetts, is a full-service, acute care Catholic hospital with 211 beds and satellite locations in Dartmouth, Attleboro, Swansea, and New Bedford, Massachusetts. A member of Steward Health Care, Saint Anne’s provides nationally recognized patient- and family-centered inpatient care and outpatient clinical services to patients from surrounding Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities. In addition to national recognition for cancer care, orthopedic surgery, spine surgery, bariatric surgery, stroke care, and patient experience, Saint Anne’s is one of just 20 U.S. hospitals to have earned 23 “Straight A’s” from the Leapfrog Group for patient safety since 2012. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.