Saint Anne’s Hospital Multicultural Health Committee announces scholarship opportunities for health care students
Fall River, MA – Saint Anne’s Hospital Multicultural Health Committee invites applications for scholarships designed to assist bicultural and/or bilingual students who will be pursuing higher education in health care or related field in the 2022-2023 academic year.
The program will award six $1,000 scholarships for students who meet the following criteria:
- Must be bicultural and/or bilingual.
- Must be a resident of the Greater Fall River area: Dighton, Fall River, Freetown, Rehoboth, Somerset, Swansea, Westport, Tiverton, and Little Compton. (This requirement is waived for Saint Anne’s Hospital employees and their immediate family members.)
- Must be entering or pursuing a degree in a health care-related profession at an accredited college or university.
- Must complete, in full, the application entitled Saint Anne’s Hospital Multicultural Health Scholarship Application.
- Must use the award during 2022-2023 academic year.
At the time of the award, recipients will be required to provide proof of acceptance to their college or university.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday, May 10, 2022.
For information about these scholarships, call (508) 235-5289.
Scholarship applications, with complete details, can be downloaded from the hospital’s website at saintanneshospital.org/for-professionals.
About Saint Anne’s Hospital
Founded by the Dominican Sisters of the Presentation in 1906, Saint Anne’s Hospital in Fall River, Massachusetts, is a full-service, acute care Catholic hospital with 211 beds and satellite locations in Dartmouth, Attleboro, Swansea, New Bedford, and Stoughton, MA.
A member of Steward Health Care, Saint Anne’s provides nationally recognized patient- and family-centered inpatient care and outpatient clinical services to patients from surrounding Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities. Saint Anne’s key services include the Center for Orthopedic Excellence; bariatric surgery; multiple robotic-assisted surgical capabilities, including orthopedic surgery, spine surgery, bariatric surgery, and general surgery; Saint Anne’s Hospital Regional Cancer Center; two ambulatory surgery centers; the Center for Pain Management; and inpatient geriatric psychiatry services. In addition to earning the Leapfrog Group’s “Straight A’s” for patient safety since 2012, Saint Anne’s has earned national recognitions for cancer care, spine surgery, bariatric surgery, stroke care, and patient experience.