Fall River, MA – Saint Anne’s Hospital has announced recipients of the 2020 Nursing Memorial Scholarship in memory of Darcy E. Nientimp, BSN, RN.
Those honored with this year’s scholarships are:
- Jesselynn David, of New Bedford, enrolled at the University of Massachusetts-Boston
- Avia Fraine, of Assonet, enrolled at Curry College
- Erin Gill, of Lynn, enrolled at Regis College
- Sabrina Lima, of Fall River, and an employee of Saint Anne's Hospital, enrolled at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth (photo, right, with Carole Billington, Saint Anne's Hospital's Chief Operating Officer/Chief Nursing Officer)
- Samantha Silva, of Westport, enrolled at the University of Massachusetts-Boston
- Ashley White, of Dartmouth, enrolled at Sacred Heart University
Darcy Nientimp was a Saint Anne’s Hospital ICU nurse who passed away in February 2015 at the age of 26, just six months after being diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Funded by donations from the community, the Nursing Memorial Scholarship program was established in 2015 to honor Darcy’s memory by helping others pursue a nursing career with passion and excellence, just as she did.
About Saint Anne’s Hospital
Founded by the Dominican Sisters of the Presentation in 1906, Saint Anne’s Hospital in Fall River, Massachusetts, is a full-service, acute care Catholic hospital with 211 beds and satellite locations in Dartmouth, Attleboro, Swansea, New Bedford, and Stoughton, Massachusetts. A member of Steward Health Care, Saint Anne’s provides nationally recognized patient- and family-centered inpatient care and outpatient clinical services to patients from surrounding Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities. Saint Anne’s key services include Center for Orthopedic Excellence; bariatric surgery; multiple robotic-assisted surgical capabilities, including orthopedic surgery, spine surgery, and general surgery; Saint Anne’s Hospital Regional Cancer Center; two ambulatory surgery centers; the Center for Pain Management; and inpatient geriatric psychiatry services. Saint Anne’s is one of just 32 hospitals in the U.S. and one of three in New England to earn 17 consecutive “Straight A’s” for hospital safety from The Leapfrog Group (2012-2020).