795 Middle Street
Fall River, MA 02721
You won’t be near anyone with COVID-19.
The fear of contracting COVID-19 shouldn’t cross your mind when you need emergency care. That’s why we’ve created safe zones in our ER - keeping you separate from anyone we’re treating for COVID-19.
We’re suiting up and scrubbing down even more.
We’ve upped our cleaning and disinfecting protocols - especially for high-touch areas. We also make sure we’re adequately stocked with masks, shields, gloves and towns to help keep you and our staff healthy.
Checking, then double-checking.
For an added layer of protection, we have hospital personnel screening patients for COVID-10 exposure and symptoms before they enter our facility.
Your health and safety are our top priority.
Saint Anne's Hospital continues to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of rigorous standards ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- The Emergency Department is a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
We’re here, and we’re ready to provide the care you need.
Our current visitor guidelines
We know visitors can have an important impact on patient care. Please note:
- Patients may have one visitor at a time.
- All visitors must screen for COVID-19 infection.
- At all times, visitors must wear a mask, perform hand hygiene before visiting a patient, and remain in the patient's room, maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet.
- In some cases, visitors may be asked to wait outside or in their vehicles to allow enough space for social distancing in waiting rooms.
- Children under the age of 18 are not allowed to visit, unless they are the child of a patient/guardian.
- Patients who are COVID-positive, or suspected of being COVID-positive, may not have visitors.
- Except in unique circumstances, visitors are restricted on our geriatric psychiatry units in Fall River and Stoughton. For more information, please call the Fall River unit at 508-689-3300, or the Stoughton unit at 781-297-1662.
Some exceptions may be made for compassionate care situations. These must be discussed case by case with our health care team. They will be happy to answer questions about specific situations.
The following are not considered visitors, but must screen for symptoms of COVID-19:
parents of patients under the age of 18
attorneys of patients
companions of patients with intellectual/physical disabilities
Everyone on Steward properties must wear a mask at all times, including patients, support persons, vendors, and visitors. If you do not have a mask, you will be given one. This measure has been put in place for your protection, as well as the protection of patients and hospital staff. We ask for your understanding and appreciate your cooperation in our commitment to keeping our community safe.
Steward Health Care is committed to the safety, health and well-being of our patients, staff, and the communities we serve. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
In the meantime, for more information, please contact your doctor, or visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention website on Coronavirus.