Fall River, MA – Saint Anne’s Hospital Medical Staff is offering three $3,000 scholarships for students pursuing higher education in health and medicine in the 2021-2022 academic year.
1) Students in the community who are entering or pursuing a degree in nursing, allied health or other health care profession are invited to apply for one of the following two scholarships:
• The Health Care Scholarship
• The Community Scholarship
2) Students who are members of the greater Saint Anne’s Hospital family are invited to apply for the Saint Anne’s Hospital Family scholarship. This award is open to hospital employees, family members of employees, or members of medical staff families who are entering or pursuing a degree in nursing, allied health or other health care profession.
For more information about these awards, contact the Saint Anne’s Hospital Medical Staff Office, 508-674-5600, extension 2002.
3) The Saint Anne’s Hospital Massachusetts Rhode Island Independent Physician Association is offering the 2021 Malcolm W. MacDonald, M.D., Memorial Scholarship Award. This $1,000 scholarship, which honors the late longtime Saint Anne’s Hospital physician and chief medical officer, is open to pre-med students, medical students, nursing students, or individuals entering or pursuing a degree in allied health or other health care profession at an accredited college, university, technical school, etc.
Candidates for this award must: 1) be able to provide documentation of special projects, such as providing care to underserved areas in need of medical/educational services; and 2) be a graduating high school senior or currently enrolled student from the Greater Fall River area, as well as Newport and Bristol counties, RI.
For more information about this award, call 508-674-5600, ext. 2799.
The application deadline for these scholarships is Monday, May 31, 2021. Download all scholarship applications here.
About Saint Anne’s Hospital
Founded by the Dominican Sisters of the Presentation in 1906, Saint Anne’s Hospital in Fall River, Massachusetts, is a full-service, acute care Catholic hospital with 211 beds and satellite locations in Dartmouth, Attleboro, Swansea, New Bedford, and Stoughton, Massachusetts. A member of Steward Health Care, Saint Anne’s provides nationally recognized patient- and family-centered inpatient care and outpatient clinical services to patients from surrounding Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities. Saint Anne’s key services include Center for Orthopedic Excellence; bariatric surgery; multiple robotic-assisted surgical capabilities, including orthopedic surgery, spine surgery, and general surgery; Saint Anne’s Hospital Regional Cancer Center; two ambulatory surgery centers; the Center for Pain Management; and inpatient geriatric psychiatry services.