Area health care students awarded scholarships by Saint Anne’s Hospital Medical Staff
Fall River, MA – The Saint Anne’s Hospital medical staff has announced the recipients of this year’s scholarship program for health care students.
The awards are part of a longstanding annual program established by the hospital’s medical staff in recognition of area students’ outstanding academic achievements and a demonstrated commitment to health care professions.
This year’s scholarship recipients are:
- Michelle B. Pollick, of East Taunton. The daughter of Kimberly Pollick, RN, of Saint Anne’s Hospital Center for Pain Management, Michelle is enrolled in the nursing education program at Bristol Community College. She received the Dr. H. Ivan Duran Saint Anne’s Hospital Family scholarship in memory of the late longtime pathologist.
- Anne-Marie Brilhante, of Fall River. Enrolled at Salve Regina University with the goal of becoming a radiation oncologist, she was awarded the Dr. Azhar Q. Mustafa Community scholarship in memory of the late physician.
- Emily Couto, of East Freetown. A psychology major at Merrimack College with the goal of becoming a psychologist, she was awarded the Dr. Malcolm W. McDonald Memorial Scholarship in memory of the late physician leader.
- Mitchell W. Lavoie, of Berkley. Enrolled in the biology program at Boston College, with plans to attend medical school, he also received a Dr. Malcolm W. McDonald Memorial Scholarship in memory of the late physician leader.
- Emily R. Silva, of Fall River. A biology major at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth with plans to pursue research, she was awarded the Dr. H. Ivan Duran Memorial Scholarship Award in honor of the late longtime pathologist, offered by the hospital’s Laboratory staff.
- Brittany Cordeiro, of Fall River. Enrolled in the nursing program at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth, she also received the Dr. H. Ivan Duran Memorial Scholarship Award offered by the hospital’s Laboratory staff.
For additional information about the scholarship program, call the Saint Anne’s Hospital Medical Staff Office, 508-674-5600, extension 2002.
About Saint Anne’s Hospital
Founded by the Dominican Sisters of the Presentation in 1906, Saint Anne’s Hospital in Fall River, Massachusetts, is a full-service, acute care Catholic hospital with 211 beds and satellite locations in Attleboro, Swansea, Dartmouth, New Bedford, and Stoughton, Massachusetts. A member of Steward Health Care, Saint Anne’s provides nationally recognized patient- and family-centered inpatient care and outpatient clinical services to patients from surrounding Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities.
Recent recognitions include “Straight A’s” for patient safety since 2012 and the 2017 Top Hospital award from the Leapfrog Group; Women’s Choice Awards as one of America’s best hospitals for cancer care and orthopedic care; and the 2017-2018 Patient Safety Excellence and Outstanding Patient Experience awards from Healthgrades.
In addition to orthopedics, Saint Anne’s key services include robotic-assisted surgery; Saint Anne’s Hospital Regional Cancer Center; ambulatory surgery centers in Attleboro and Dartmouth; the Center for Pain Management; and inpatient geriatric psychiatry services.