To assist those who are dealing with the death of a family member or friend, Saint Anne's Hospital Office of Spiritual Care offers a series of programs to help share and explore feelings and learn ways to accept and cope with grief and loss.
Offered bi-weekly, these programs focus on various aspects of the grief process in a confidential, compassionate and safe setting.
This series, conducted in Portuguese, is facilitated by Sister Judith A. Costa, S.S.D., M. Div. A member of Saint Anne’s Spiritual Care team, Sr. Judith is certified in thanatology (death, dying and bereavement) and is a certified pastoral counselor, academy certified master chaplain level three, and fellow in the American Psychotherapy Association. She is fluent in Portuguese.
All are welcome to attend any or all sessions. There is no charge, and drop-ins are welcome.
For more information, or to speak to a chaplain, contact Saint Anne's Hospital Office of Spiritual Care, 508-345-2660.
Note: A separate series also is conducted in English. See our English schedule of dates and topics for 2018-2019.
Our 2018-2019 series:
- Setembro 26: "As máguas e o poder do perdão" (“The Healing Power of Forgiveness")
- Outubro 24: "Lembrando com amor os nossos defuntos" ("Remembering Our Deceased with Love")
- Novembro 21: "O conforto da fé" ("Faith, and the Comfort It Offers Us")
- Dezembro 19: "O significado do Natal quando em luto" ("The Meaning of Christmas When Grieving")
- Janeiro 16: "Como viver as saudades e recordações" ("How to Deal with the Memories that Come with Grief")
- Fevereiro 13: "Dôr partilhada é dor aliviada" ("Hope: Grief's Best Music")
- Março 20: "A esperança que Jesus nos deixou" (“Pain Acknowledged Is Pain Reduced")
- Abril 17: "O remorso e a dúvida" ("How to Deal with Guilt that Comes with Grief")
- Maio 29: "A Bíblia e os sonhos" ("What the Bible Says About Dreams")