To assist those who are dealing with the death of a family member or friend, Saint Anne's Hospital Office of Spiritual Care offers a series of programs to help share and explore feelings and learn ways to accept and cope with grief and loss.
Offered bi-weekly, these programs focus on various aspects of the grief process in a confidential, compassionate and safe setting.
This series is facilitated by Sister Judith A. Costa, S.S.D., M. Div. A member of Saint Anne’s Spiritual Care team, Sr. Judith is certified in thanatology (death, dying and bereavement) and is a certified pastoral counselor, academy certified master chaplain level three, and fellow in the American Psychotherapy Association.
All are welcome to attend any or all sessions. There is no charge, and drop-ins are welcome.
For more information, or to speak to a chaplain, contact Saint Anne's Hospital Office of Spiritual Care, 508-345-2660.
Please note: This series also is provided separately in Portuguese. See our calendar of dates and topics in Portuguese for 2018-2019.
Schedule of topics (English) - 2018-2019:
• September 5: Healing Old Wounds
• September 19: The Role of Forgiveness in Grief
• October 3: Stumbling Blocks to Healing Grief
• October 17: Ways to Remember the Dead
• November 14: How to Grieve and Give Thanks
• November 28: Spirituality and Grief
• December 12: The Meaning of Christmas After Loss
• January 9: The Joy-Guilt Syndrome
• January 23: Depression and Grief
• February 6: How to Heal a Broken Heart
• February 20: Transforming Pain Into Power
• March 13: Dealing With Guilt and Shame
• March 27: Understanding Anger that Comes with Grief
• April 10: The Art of Self-Acceptance
• April 24: Grief and Faith Questions
• May 8: Continuing Bonds with the Deceased
• May 22: Relearning How to Pray
• June 5: The Art of Developing Resilience