Saint Anne's Hospital Multicultural Health Committee offers two $1,000 scholarships for health care students
Two scholarships available for bicultural and bilingual healthcare students
Fall River, MA – In an effort to reduce barriers and improve access to education to a culturally diverse community, Saint Anne’s Hospital's Multicultural Health Committee is offering two $1,000 scholarships to local students pursuing a health care career during the 2014-2015 academic year.
The scholarships are awarded to community individuals and Saint Anne’s Hospital employees and their immediate family members.
Scholarship candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be bicultural and/or bilingual.
- Must be a resident of the Greater Fall River area. Towns include Dighton, Fall River, Freetown, Rehoboth, Swansea, Somerset, and Westport, MA; and Tiverton and Little Compton, RI. (This requirement is waived for employees of Saint Anne’s Hospital and their immediate family members.)
- Must be entering or pursuing a degree in nursing and/or health care related profession at an accredited college or university.
- Must be a graduating high school senior or currently enrolled college student.
- Must provide the original GED certificate if applicable.
- Complete, in full, the application entitled “Multicultural Health Committee Scholarship Application.”
- Use the award during 2014-2015 academic year.
The Scholarship Committee may request an interview with applicants prior to the final selection of the scholarship recipients.
Deadline for submission of application: Friday, May 9, 2014.
For more information, contact Natalia Konarski, 508-235-5234.
About Saint Anne’s Hospital – Saint Anne’s Hospital is a community hospital with comprehensive inpatient, outpatient, and emergency care services, serving adults and children from southeastern Massachusetts and nearby Rhode Island at its main campus in Fall River and its community satellites. Founded in 1906 by the Dominican Sisters of the Presentation, Saint Anne's Hospital is a member of Steward Health Care, the largest fully integrated community care organization in New England. Saint Anne’s has been recognized time and again for quality, safety and service by such organizations as The Joint Commission, Healthgrades, The Leapfrog Group, and Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Steward Health Care System LLC is the largest integrated community care organization in New England which combines more than 3,000 physicians, 11 acute care hospitals, managed care, insurance programs, home care, an imaging operation, and a number of other post-acute services, to provide the most cost effective and highest quality of integrated patient care. Further information is available at www.steward.org.