Celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month and “Chalk It Up!” at Saint Anne’s Hospital
Fall River, Mass. – Women and their families and friends are invited to “Chalk It Up!”, Saint Anne’s Hospital’s interactive celebration of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, on October 4 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Designed to educate, celebrate, and honor women, the second annual “Chalk It Up!” event is hosted by Saint Anne’s Hospital Regional Cancer Center and the Robert F. Stoico/FIRSTFED Center for Breast Care.
This event, which launched in 2016, will feature Saint Anne’s breast health teams for a day of tributes, hope, learning, and fun. You can:
- “Chalk up” your messages of hope and inspiration on a giant pink roadway ribbon on Forest Street (at the corner of Osborn Street), adjacent to the Hudner Oncology Center.
- “Blow away cancer!” by writing your message of hope or inspiration on a pinwheel that will be planted in our “Garden of Hope.”
- Get a free hand massage.
- Celebrate survivorship with the staff and fellow breast cancer survivors.
- Meet members of Saint Anne’s breast specialist team of “women caring for women,” including breast surgeon Monica DaSilva, MD, FACS; medical oncologist Nancy McKinney, MD; radiation oncologist Jacqueline Tan, MD; and Heather Feldman, PA-C, physician assistant.
- Make a personal early detection plan.
- Schedule an appointment for your annual screening mammogram.
- Learn about healthy cancer survivor activities.
- Chat with a representative of the American Cancer Society about breast health and cancer survivor topics.
- Enjoy pink refreshments and giveaways.
Festivities will take place at Saint Anne’s Hospital, corner of Forest and Osborn streets (adjacent to the Hudner Oncology Center), in Fall River. Free valet parking is available for this event at the entrance of the Hudner Oncology Center. No RSVP is required; just stop by and enjoy! In the event of rain, this program will be scheduled for Thursday, October 5.
Since Saint Anne’s launched its cancer care program in 1976, breast cancer has been the most commonly diagnosed cancer among women (besides skin cancer) – not only nationwide but also at Saint Anne’s Hospital.
The good news is, remarkable advances have been made in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. At Saint Anne’s Hospital, genetic testing helps to identify those at risk. Medical and surgical techniques are more refined and more targeted. Better technology and deeper understanding of how cancer works contribute to better outcomes. Best of all, patients can live longer and better lives.
For more information about “Chalk It Up!”, visit https://www.saintanneshospital.org/2/event/chalk-it-breast-cancer-awareness-month-event.
About Saint Anne’s Hospital
Founded by the Dominican Sisters of the Presentation in 1906, Saint Anne’s Hospital in Fall River, Massachusetts, is a full-service, acute care Catholic hospital with 185 beds and satellite locations in Attleboro, Swansea, Dartmouth, New Bedford, and Stoughton, Massachusetts. A member of Steward Health Care, Saint Anne’s provides nationally recognized patient- and family-centered inpatient care (including all private rooms) and outpatient clinical services to patients from surrounding Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities. In addition to comprehensive diagnostic, medical, surgical, and emergency services, Saint Anne’s key services include the Joint Commission-certified Center for Orthopedic Excellence; Saint Anne’s Hospital Regional Cancer Center; ambulatory surgery centers in Attleboro and Dartmouth; the Center for Pain Management in Swansea and Dartmouth; and geriatric psychiatry services at locations in Fall River and Stoughton.